Slovene Ethnographic Museum
SI - 1000 Ljubljana
T: + 386 1 300 87 00
+ 386 1 300 87 45 [weekend]
Fax: + 386  300 87 36
VAT number: SI99955407
Tuesday – Sunday: 10.00 - 18.00, on Thursdays until 20.00.
Closed on: Monday and some National Holidays (1st January – New Year, Easter, 1st May – Labor Day, 1st November – Remembrance Day, 25th December – Christmas)
Free entrance every first sunday in a month.
Currently there are no restrictions on visiting the museum.
However, in the event of renewed restrictions due to the coronavirus, visitors are required to consider:
• only healthy visitors are permitted to enter the museum
• hygiene of caugh and careful hand washing should be considered,
• all visitors are requested to wear a mask, disinfection of hands is required before entering the museum,
• visitors should maintain adequate physical distance (2m) from each other during the visit,
• it is necessary to follow the outlined route and the direction of the circular tour of the exhibition grounds,
• if it is possible, use of the elevator should be avoided,
• respect our restriction on the number of visitors entering the museum.
Open to public.
Monday - Friday 8.00 - 15.00
Wednesday 8.00 - 17.00
Open to public.
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 14.00
Adults: 6 €
Children, students, pensioners: 3 €
Pre-school children: 0 €
Family ticket: 12 €
Annual family ticket: 30 €
Ticket for workshop: 4 - 50 €
Group admission (more than 10 persons) includes entry to the museum and a guided tour.
Adults: 7 €
Children, students, pensioners: 4 €
Pre-school children: 2 €
Group tour and workshop: 6 - 12 €
Group tour for persons with free entrance, surcharge for guided tour : 1€
Tours for smaller groups (less than 10 persons); admission + surcharge 15 €
The museum organises educational tours, expert lead tours and public tours in different languages. Prior booking is required.
Mrs Sonja Kogej Rus
T + 386 1 300 87 50
Museum donors, visitors with special needs, group attendant,
unemployed, holders of cards: ICOM, SMD, SED, PRESS and Kulturni bazar.
Magnifiers for the visually impaired
Tactile maps for orientation in space intended for blind and partially sighted people
Mobile induction loop
Access for physically disabled